SALES HQ RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
Sales HQ Pty Ltd understands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. In handling personal information, Sales HQ is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
This policy outlines how Sales HQ aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Sales HQ and the way Sales HQ collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information. This statement may be updated from time to time.
Collecting your personal and sensitive information
Generally, personal information will be collected from you directly when you complete an application form or submit your resume, either online or in hard copy, attend an interview, or otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or other means, whether at Sales HQ’s request or at your own initiative.
Personal and sensitive information may also be collected from a source other than you when:
- You submit an application form or your resume through a third-party website
- Any reference about you and results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent)
- We undertake a Right to Work check through which to assess your eligibility to work within Australia.
- We receive results from any competency / psychometric tests in which you participate.
- The results of any competency, criminal history or medical test;
- Performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- Any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- Any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- Any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration, or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; or
- Any additional information you provide us about you.
How your information may be used
Sales HQ appreciates the trust that individuals place in us when they give us personal information. We will not sell, transfer, assign or rent your personal information. Sales HQ collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing you with recruitment, work placement services, career transition, training services and any other services you may have requested of us. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate or otherwise in connection with:
- Our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- The necessary validation (including from appropriate third-party sources) of your resume/cv, nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Any test or assessment (including medical) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training or career transition needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved, and
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- our statutory compliance obligations;
To whom your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed
Sales HQ may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for:
- Administrative and business management purposes
- Marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Its own internal recruitment processes; and/or
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
- Sales HQ’s contractors and suppliers including IT contractors and database designers
- Clients and potential clients of Sales HQ in relation to recruitment practices.
- Sales HQ’s insurers
- A professional association or registration body if relevant to the provision of Sales HQ’s services or otherwise with your consent.
- Sale HQ’s professional advisor
- Any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
- Any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Sales HQ takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Sales HQ. However, it should be noted that without provision of certain information from you, or where information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant, Sales HQ may not be able to provide its services to you or may be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
Sales HQ may use and disclose your personal information to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Sales HQ via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, for use when you return to a page/website that you visited before. In this case it contains information required to enhance the overall use of the site. Cookies aren’t necessarily required to view our website however when enabled our cookies allow users to –
- ‘Save Jobs’
- Support user data admin - so users remain logged in when navigating the site
- Support Google Analytics data
Security of your Personal Information
Sales HQ takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Sales HQ holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members. Some of your personal information will also be held on such devices by clients of Sales HQ for recruitment or placement purposes.
Sales HQ will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Sales HQ is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
How you may contact us: If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information, you should contact: during normal office hours, which are
8.30am – 5.30pm.
Sales HQ Pty Ltd
Level 9 / 227 Elizabeth St
Sydney CBD NSW 2000
Telephone: 1300 888 998
Your right to access your information and to correct it if it is wrong
Apart from some exceptions set out in The National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you can establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we shall take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information which we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to add a note or statement to retained information which claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, you should contact us as soon as possible to discuss. In some circumstances, we may impose a moderate administrative fee for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We shall not impose such a fee simply because you lodge a request for access.
GDPR / European union
In providing relevant services to you, SalesHQ may use various automated processes in conjunction with your Personal Data and your activity on our Site as tracked by us, in order to:
- Provide more tailored and relevant services to you such as providing recommended job opportunities to you through email communication, and on the Site or within our Portal.
- Provide more tailored and relevant services to our Clientele and prospective Clientele.
In addition to your rights as outlined above, you are entitled to:
- Access your personal data Update or rectify any of the Personal Data that we hold about you, in the manner described in the “Your right to access your information and to correct it if it is wrong” paragraph above; You are also entitled to lodge a complaint under this right and be informed about the safeguards put in place if your data is transferred to a third country or international organisation.
- request that SalesHQ
– provides you with a copy of the Personal Data that SalesHQ holds about you in a portable and machine-readable form; or
– share your Personal Data with a nominated third party.
- Right to restrict the use or processing of personal data – Under certain circumstances you may deny SalesHQ the use of your data for a given purpose e.g. request to cease sending of any promotional emails. In this example data may still be stored for recruitment purposes however limitations may be applied to the use of that data unless you the owner provide consent again.